Thanks to our participants, volunteers, and sponsors, LEAP had a fun and successful 4th Annual LEAP Into Action 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run on Saturday, October 12, 2013!
Nearly 300 registrants and 40 volunteers participated in this family-friendly event. Because of our generous race sponsors, LEAP was able to count all the money generated from registrations as donations towards our life-changing missions.
Our sponsors included:
- Osteomed – Leading global innovator, developer, manufacturer, and marketer of specialty medical devices, surgical implants, and powered surgical instruments
- Credera – Full-service management and technology consulting firm
- Hope Fellowship Church – Mission: Love God, Connect with others, Grow in faith, and Serve our world
- Krypton Solutions – Contract manufacturer providing innovative solutions to major customers in the semiconductor, medical, defense/security/aerospace,energy, telecommunications, and industrial market segments
- EpiCentre at Park Lane – Offers state-of-the-art medical skin care using the most advanced lasers, procedures and treatments, facial fillers, and chemical peels to achieve optimal facial and body rejuvenation that will make you look rested and potentially years younger
- D&D Affiliates LLC – D&D provides real estate services and development projects with a major retail focus
- Central Assembly of God Church – Family-oriented church that has dynamic preaching, relevant teaching, and anointed worship services
With Todd Whitthorne as the MC, attendees were informed and entertained as he spoke about LEAP and energized runners for the race with his inspiration and sense of humor. Also, the addition of a bounce house and the new location of Norbuck Park revamped this year’s event by providing more entertainment for the kids!
Landmark kids Senia, Alëna, Mason, Logan, and baby Logan led the crowd in the pledge of allegiance. The LEAP Landmark fund is a special account set aside to bring some of the most difficult reconstructive cases in the world to Medical City Dallas Children’s Hospital for highly complicated reconstructive surgeries that cannot be safely performed abroad.
Upon crossing the finish line (view results here), runners were given water and congratulated by our wonderful volunteers. Quick Mixx Rick, DJ/Mixer/Imager for 97.9 The Beat + 94.5 KSoul, kept the runners engaged and energized with his music before, during and after the race. Also, KO Photo Studio took race day photos, which you can view or purchase here.
Thanks to all who ran, walked, supported, cheered and, volunteered at the event; our success these 22 years is a direct result of the dedication of supporters and volunteers. We look forward to seeing you in 2014!