How do we allocate donations?
Our goal at LEAP is to maximize our impact and minimize our costs. As such, 85% of general donations in 2016 were utilized to offset direct program costs such as medical supplies, mission trip travel costs, and compensation of mission specific staff.
Description of special fundraising projects
At LEAP, we appreciate our donors who enjoy funding a specific cause or purpose, and we are diligent about tracking each restricted donation and the expenses related to these funds. Ongoing opportunities for restricted donations include individual mission trips, the Landmark Program, and the International Disaster Relief Program. On occasion, LEAP also supports special projects in the global communities we serve, such as funding an operating room, pediatric ward, or other need in an identified community. LEAP evaluates these unique opportunities as they arise and communicates them to our valued donors and supporters. All restricted funds received by LEAP are utilized to support the projects designated by our donors.
Financial accountability statement
LEAP upholds its commitment to transparency, financial accountability, and integrity. We engage an independent accounting firm to perform an annual financial audit and prepare our Form 990. Donors have the opportunity to acquire a copy of LEAP’s most recent audited financial statements and Form 990 by contacting Emily Cook, CPA, at (972) 566-6550 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In 2016:
- 85% of LEAP expenses directly related to our mission.
- Mission + IDR trips facilitated by LEAP = 7
- Surgeries performed = 369
- Orthodontic/dental procedures performed = 70
- Value of services if performed in the US = over $1 million
- First speech therapy program in Zimbabwe= 1
- In 2016, LEAP’s IDR traveled to Lebanon and Jordan to help the Syrian refugees. Almost all were children who sustained injuries as a direct result of the war, such as bombs or fuel exploding, or as a result of living in makeshift camps because they were displaced by war.
Important Financial Information
2015 ANNUAL REPORT
We are excited to share with you our 2015 Annual Report, which highlights our accomplishments from last year. In this–our first formal annual report in LEAP’s history–you will find impressive metrics along with beautiful patient stories and memories from our dedicated volunteers and staff. We welcome you to digitally flip through its pages via the link below.